Why Critical Illness Insurance?
No amount of money is worth suffering through a critical illness; however, having some additional money on hand can help. Talk to your advisor today about how you can update your insurance plan to help protect your family’s finances against serious illnesses with critical illness insurance.
EquiLiving provides a lump-sum benefit, following a survival period of typically 30 days after diagnosis of one of the critical conditions covered by the plan. You can use the benefit payment any way you wish, to make living with one of the life-altering conditions more comfortable.
Why it makes sense
With increased life expectancy and medical advances, the risk of living with a serious illness is significant, and the costs can be staggering. Government health care programs provide only the basics. Depending on your needs, EquiLiving could help:
- keep you and your family in your home,
- keep your business viable,
- cover the cost of extended health care requirements,
- allow you to undertake out-of-country or alternative therapies.
- Heart attack
- Alzheimer's disease
- Bacterial meningitis
- Coronary artery bypass
- Heart valve replacement
- Loss of limbs
- Major organ failure on waiting list for transplant
- Occupational HIV infection
- Severe burns
- Aortic surgery
- Benign brain tumour
- Kidney failure
- Loss of speech
- Motor neuron disease
- Aplastic anaemia
- Loss of independent existence*
- Major organ transplant
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson's disease
Additional covered conditions for children
EquiLiving provides coverage for the following five childhood conditions until age 25:
- Cerebral palsy
- Congenital heart disease
- Cystic fibrosis
- Muscular dystrophy
* Loss of independent existence provides a benefit for cognitive impairment and/or a total and permanent inability to perform two or more of: bathing, dressing, toileting, continence, transferring, feeding. For plans insuring children, loss of independent existence does not apply until age 18 at which time it is added automatically.
Bundling protects your total life and health needs
Adding EquiLiving critical illness insurance to a term, whole life or universal life insurance policy helps protect your total life and health needs in one convenient policy. Critical illness insurance provides funds to help manage personal and medical expenses so you can focus on recovery.