September 26, 2022 -
WATERLOO - Equitable Life of Canada has announced the availability of Equitable Generations™ Universal Life insurance with additional support during the claims process utilizing the new KIND™ Program.
Equitable Generations is a Universal Life (UL) insurance product that offers investment options that can meet client needs and can reduce the cost of insurance to help maximize the opportunity to purchase coverage and build tax-advantaged wealth.
“We are committed to supporting Canadians’ financial, mental and physical health by offering solutions that provide meaningful coverage and support throughout the claims process while building wealth,” said Donna Carbell, Senior Vice-President, Insurance at Equitable Life. “As a mutual, our duty and priority rests solely with our clients so we can provide additional benefits like supporting beneficiaries throughout the claims process with counselling reimbursement and giving policy owners access to cash that can assist with an unforeseen illness or disability diagnosis.”
The KIND Program offers clients additional benefits that provide support when they need it most, including:
- Living Benefit provides access to cash in the event of a disability
- Bereavement Counselling benefit for beneficiaries
- Snap Advance provides immediate access to a portion of the death benefit when a claim is made
- Compassionate Advance allows access to cash should the insured become terminally ill
Equitable Generations Universal Life features thirty-four investment options that provide a wide range of asset classes, diversity and ESG (environmental, social and governance) options. In addition, target date funds auto-rebalance over time so that as a client approaches retirement, the fund adjusts its risk automatically.
Equitable Life launches new digital advisor tool to make it even easier to do business
EZstartTM for UL:
- A mobile-optimized tool for advisors.
- Designed to start a conversation and provide a possible universal life solution in under one minute.
- Goals based – advisors can see how Equitable Generations™ universal life insurance can perform at different stages of a client’s life.
- Links directly to the EZcomplete® online application for an easy digital experience.
Advisor SMS for real-time application and commission updates:
Effective today, when advisors submit a client’s application, they can opt-in to receive text message updates for new business applications.
That’s a text message when:
- The application is received;
- A decision has been made by Equitable Life;
- The policy is ready for delivery; and
- The commissions have been triggered.
For more information about Generations Universal Life, Equitable Life’s KIND Program or EZstart, please visit: www.equitable.ca/ul
- 30 -
About Equitable Life of Canada
As a mutual we provide financial security differently by focusing only on our clients. We believe in the power of working together with you and independent advisor partners. Together we offer individual insurance, savings and retirement, and group benefits solutions. We help protect what matters today while preparing for tomorrow.
At Equitable Life, we are people with purpose. We are passionate to provide the right solutions for you through our partners. We have the knowledge, the experience, and the financial strength to ensure we meet our commitments to you now and in the future.
Protecting Today – Preparing Tomorrow™
Director Corporate Communications
“Equitable Life”, “Equitable Life of Canada”, and terms denoted with an ® or TM are trademarks of The Equitable Life Insurance Company of Canada.