- Reports to
- Manager, Network & Systems Engineering
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Jointly responsible alongside of the Sr. Network Engineer, Data with the management of the Company’s data network infrastructure. These services are mission critical to the delivery of business and customer systems and services, with highest quality requirements on capacity, capability, manageability and security
- Proficient in all detailed technical capabilities of data networks, including but are not limited to: Data switching, routing, security, WAN, LAN, analysis, firewalls, intrusion prevention and detection, event monitoring and logging, operational maintenance, and incident triaging
- Responsible for the configuration, operation, and management of the company’s enterprise data networks supporting 24x7 production, pre-production and disaster recovery environments
- Manages data networks within multiple environments/layers, including installation of releases, parameter changes, testing activities and overall health
- Critical support response to network infrastructure or business system incidents (including highly critical, performance impacting) and problems
- Work with vendors as required to resolve any outstanding incidents and problems with network infrastructure equipment
- Four (4) or more years in IT Infrastructure; three (2) or more in a network administrator of network analyst support role.
- Advanced Cisco/Juniper or similar certifications; ITIL v3 Foundations certification a strong asset.
- Intermediate knowledge and experience configuring, supporting and maintaining network infrastructure fundamentals including TCP/IP, IP trunking, NAT, VLAN, VTP, BGP, load balancing, MPLS, capacity management and monitoring, performance management, automation, DNS, etc.
- Proven knowledge and experience configuring, supporting and maintaining network security platforms inclusive of traditional, application, and ‘next generation’ firewalls, VPN, IPS/IDS, etc.
- Intermediate knowledge in managing, supporting and maintaining medium to large size network infrastructures
- Proven experience in configuring and supporting multiple production Data Centers
- Knowledge and experience with network systems and configuration management processes and practices including monitoring, scripting, patching, and maintenance
- Strong knowledge and experience working with multiple hardware providers such as: Cisco, Juniper, A10 and Pulse Secure VPN
- An understanding in maintaining network monitoring tools including Cacti and SolarWinds and proven ability/experience in correlating events and incident triaging
- Experience in capacity management and reporting
- Strong, analytical problem solver with a common sense and practical solutions orientation
- An outstanding team player, focused on customer service excellence, technical execution, diligence to the process, and doing the right thing.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.