- Reports to
- Manager, IT End User Services
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations within the Service Desk environment. This includes escalation, workflow, and process execution.
- Provide 1st level Incident / Request management support to IT end-users, having particular emphasis and focus on first call/level resolution.
- Acts at a 2nd tier problem solving expertise to address, identify root cause, and resolve problems
- Provide assistance to the Manager in the daily operational activities management of the Service Desk, including team mentoring, change guidance, performance, and service delivery.
- Accountable and responsible for the monitoring and alerting to key service impacting situations; includes appropriate IT and business escalation management.
- Active participation (and/or lead) in the building and implementation of Service Desk operational and service processes.
- Accountable to Service and Operational Level agreements between the business and IT.
- Minimum eight (8) years in IT
- Two (2) years in a senior technical customer service capacity.
- Core certification should include ITIL v3 Foundations and/or HDI Help Desk Analyst.
- ITIL Practitioner/Service Manager or Microsoft certifications a strong asset.
- Strong communications (written, verbal, presentation) and negotiation skills and experience with conveying complex, technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with focus and attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively mentor and coach less senior staff with respect to IT service issues, technologies, processes and considerations.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with ITIL IT service management processes. Should have specific experience working within Incident, Problem, Change, Service Level, and Service Desk competencies.
- Strong experience with enterprise IT Service Management service systems, with particular emphasis on call management, analytics, performance management, escalations, and process integration. Experience with ServiceNow would be preferred.
- Strong-to-expert knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Windows desktop platforms (Windows 7, 10) and Microsoft productivity applications (Office 2010, 2016, Skype For Business, Sharepoint
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.