- Reports to
- Assistant Vice-President, Group Actuary
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full Time
The Risk Data Analyst is responsible for contributing to and supporting the Group Special Investigations Unit (the “SIU”) by gathering, processing and analyzing claims data to identify anomalies, trends, patterns and outliers of claim abuse or fraud.
- Analyzing data from multiple sources for interpretation
- Identifying patterns, trends, outliers in data that could be a result of fraudulent activities
- Provide recommendations on potential efficiencies and enhancements to analytics tools
- Developing data analysis and reports to warn of potential fraudulent claiming patterns and Investigate, escalate and communicate the findings as appropriate
- Staying current of new statistical and modelling concepts and lead efforts to increase analytics tool.
- Monitoring for, and reporting unusual claims activities
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring various analytics reports, high risk clients, and suspicious transaction reports
- Develop accurate and actionable reports for the Fraud investigators.
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in quantitative analysis, data management techniques and processes
- Advanced to expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, VBA, and other data modeling tools
- Solid skills in data management in transactional/relational databases. SQL Server preferred
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate complex information to all levels of the organization
- Skills to effectively process, review and analyze qualitative and quantitative data and information
- University degree in Business Administration, computer science, math or actuarial science
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and manage multiple priorities and timelines
- Strong analytical, organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Ability to take initiative in finding reporting gaps, developing new or improved analysis and reports
- Solid knowledge of Group Benefits, financial fraud and risk within the insurance industry.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.