- Reports to
- Director, Group Life and Disability
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
If you love helping and leading people and you have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, you’d be a great fit for our team. That’s because at Equitable Life, we believe in developing teams that provide personalized service and support to our plan sponsors and plan members. Our plan sponsors rely on us to deliver creative solutions as we help their staff in their recovery and return to work from an injury or illness. If you have management experience in disability adjudication or in a related disability or mental health profession and you want to have a positive impact on the lives of our plan members and our employees, we want you to join our company.
We’re looking for a polished communicator who can grow the capabilities of our employees to develop creative solutions to complex problems. Someone who is empathetic, has a passion for mentorship and has a natural service orientation. A collaborator and facilitator who can work with others towards a common goal.Managers with previous experience leading disability adjudication teams, including in areas of vocational rehabilitation and skills assessments are an ideal fit to this opportunity.
If that’s you, why not explore a career as a Manager of Group Life and Disability at Equitable Life?
- Effectively manage a team of Short and Long Term Disability Specialist to ensure maximum effectiveness, efficiency and profitability.
- Report on results that are both externally and internally focused affecting customers and profitability as well as company image and reputation.
- Recruit and develop a professional team of people capable of providing consistently high levels service and outcomes.
- Expert in using transferrable skills analysis in claim management.
- Ensure accurate, timely processing of claims by making certain the claims system is maintained and operating effectively.
- Ensure statistical reports are prepared and accurate by reviewing and verifying actuarial reports, reconciling account balances monthly/quarterly and compiling information.
- Act as back up for Director, Group Life and Disability.
- Focus on meeting group earnings target through meeting claims loss ratios
- Management skills and in depth knowledge of department procedures.
- Expert knowledge of group life, short term and long term disability contracts.
- Expert kknowledge of disability claims management cycle from early intervention through STD through LTD
- Expert knowledge in vocational rehabilitation including Transferrable Skills Analaysis
- Problem solving, analytical and mathematical skills.
- Dispute resolution skills.
- Organizational and planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical conditions, treatment modalities and medications.
- Post-secondary education in related fields and or certification (RN, Kin, OT, RRP or CDMP, etc) is required.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.