- Reports to
- Manager, Life Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability Claims
- Waterloo, Ontario
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
Two Opportunities Available
If you love helping people and have a passion for delivering exceptional customer service, you’d be a great fit for our team. That’s because at Equitable Life, we believe in providing personalized service and support to our plan sponsors and plan members. Our plan sponsors rely on us to deliver creative solutions as we help their staff in their recovery and return to work from an injury or illness. If you have experience in disability adjudication or in a related disability or mental health profession and you want to have a positive impact on the lives of our plan members, we want you to join our company.
We’re looking for a polished communicator who can develop creative solutions to complex problems. Someone who is empathetic and has a natural service orientation. A collaborator who can work with others towards a common goal. If that’s you, why not explore a career as a Disability Claims Specialist at Equitable Life?
- Analyze medical, functional, employment and contractual information in order to make timely and accurate decisions on STD and LTD claims
- Continually manage open STD and LTD claims using proficient problem solving and analytical skills and creating opportunities for timely resolution of the claim.
- Calculate benefits payable and make adjustments as required throughout the course of the STD and LTD claims. (i.e. offset for CPP Disability Benefits and calculating overpayments, etc.)
- Identify and implement cost effective case management tools to assist disabled employees (e.g. Rehabilitation Intervention, Functional Abilities Evaluations, Independent Medical Examinations, Medical Consultant Referrals)
- Provide superior written and verbal customer service with accuracy and maintain well-documented, clear and concise files
- Frequently communicate with plan sponsors, plan members, advisors, Group Marketing Managers, medical professionals, legal professionals
- Actively participate in client meetings
- University degree or College Diploma preferred in health related field (i.e. nursing, occupational therapy, kinesiology, etc.) or experience adjudicating disability claims
- Bilingual in French and English, both spoken and written is an asset
- LTD or STD claims management experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of insurance operations
- Proficient problem solving skills
- Complex knowledge of various group contracts helpful
- Computer literacy skills
- Effective negotiating and conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and strong customer service skills
- Mathematical & analytical skills
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to email@example.com
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.