- Reports to
- Vice-President, Appointed Actuary
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
Are you interested in obtaining a broad actuarial experience? This management role provides a variety of accountabilities within Corporate Actuarial and specifically within valuation activities across the Savings and Retirement (S & R) and Group Benefits product lines. There are opportunities to interact with a number of business partners within different lines of business as well as providing direction and mentoring to a team of actuarial students.
Our Director, Group and Savings and Retirement Corporate Actuarial is a key leadership role within the Finance team. It offers the ability to develop big picture thinking, a deep understanding of all aspects of valuation and Corporate Actuarial work and the opportunity to enhance communication skills as you interact with many areas of the company including Senior Management.
To provide financial information and analysis of the S & R and Group Benefits lines of business to various users, including the line of business, Appointed Actuary, Finance Department, Investment Department, external auditors and senior management.
- Prioritize, plan, direct and evaluate the work of a team of three actuarial students.
- Responsible for valuation of all S & R and Group Benefits policies on a quarterly basis, including:
- valuation system maintenance and enhancement;
- scenario testing;
- calculation of reserves and capital requirements;
- source of earnings analysis;
- presenting results to Senior Management.
- At year end, provide additional analysis, exhibits, summaries, and documentation required for the report of the Appointed Actuary and OSFI.
- Perform Dynamic Capital Adequacy Testing, Assumption Change analysis and OSFI Stress tests.
- Provide recommendations from a valuation perspective to the S & R department when new products or systems are implemented.
- Contribute to the development of 5 Year Business Plan for S & R line of business.
- Require degree in Mathematics or equivalent and completion of FSA, FCIA requirements.
- Corporate Actuarial or valuation and financial reporting experience.
- 3+ years of experience in a management or leadership role.
- Require thorough knowledge of AXIS valuation systems with a competence in Excel and Access.
- Knowledge of S & R and Group products would be an asset.
- Ability to develop and mentor actuarial staff.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to email@example.com
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.