- Reports to
- Manager, Group Health Claims
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Status
- Temporary, Part-Time (On-call contract until March 2018)
4 Opportunities Available ($12/hour)
- Work with the Special Investigations Unit by identifying suspicious claims and alerting the department to the findings.
- Consistently provide clear and concise communication with all claim decisions.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of business processes.
- Develop and maintain a solid knowledge of: related legislation and Company practice.
- Accurately and timely process Health and Dental claims received within the appropriate guidelines and within published service standards.
- Dental and Medical terminology and related education. Post-secondary education preferred including dental assistant, pharmacy assistant, massage therapy, medical assistant etc.
- Superior interpersonal skills to manage relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to handle high stress levels in a fast paced production environment.
- Ability to interpret and apply contract provisions and administrative guidelines to determine eligibility and reasonable and customary charges for medical and dental expenses.
- Strong change management skills including Adaptability and Flexibility.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- PC skills – working knowledge of MS office, BMS, MS Access, keyboarding.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.