- Reports to
- To be determined at a later date
- Group Pricing, Individual Pricing, Savings and Retirement Pricing or Corporate Actuarial
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
Actuarial Student Opportunities
Actuarial Analyst or Senior Actuarial Analyst or Senior Actuarial Associate
(Title to be determined based on SOA exam attainment)
Equitable Life of Canada provides an excellent opportunity for actuaries of all levels to develop a broad skill set, and offers them the experience of working on a variety of actuarial topics. Through offering development opportunities, job rotations, compensation increases and SOA exam support, the Actuarial Student Program at Equitable Life aims to build strong actuarial talent. Equitable Life has been one of the fastest growing life insurance companies in Canada and the continued success of the company relies on strength of its people.
If you are interested in building your Actuarial career at Equitable Life, you could work in one of the following areas at our Waterloo head office:
- Savings and Retirement Product Development and Pricing;
- Individual Product Development and Pricing;
- Group Benefits Pricing; or
- Corporate Actuarial.
Accountabilities may include:
- Activities in business plan, product pricing initiatives, valuation projects, quarterly financial reporting, and support of sales and illustration processes
- Assist in research, statistical analysis, and pricing or valuation of insurance products
- Develop and complete experience studies relating to lapse, mortality/morbidity, and expenses
- Assist in the development and production of reports, pricing exercises, valuation practices, and the review of profitability
- A minimum of 4 SOA Exams preferred, and a commitment to completing of the FCIA designation
- Knowledge of Group Life and Health, Individual Life and Health, or Savings and Retirement products is beneficial
- Experience using GGY AXIS actuarial software
- Sound computer software knowledge, particularly in MS Excel, MS Access and Visual Basic Macro writing
- The ability to work in a multi-tasking environment
- A strong focus on customer service with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to email@example.com
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.