- Reports to
- Director, Group and Savings & Retirement Corporate Actuarial
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Status
- Permanent, Full-Time
Equitable Life of Canada provides an excellent opportunity for actuaries of all levels to develop a broad skill set, and offers them the experience of working on a variety of actuarial topics. The aim of the Actuarial Program at Equitable Life of Canada is to build strong actuarial talent that has the capabilities necessary to lead a dynamic and strong mutual life insurance company. Equitable Life has an excellent actuarial student program which includes paid study time, social events and leadership and development training. Equitable Life of Canada has been one of the fastest growing life insurance companies in Canada and the continued success of the company relies on the strength of its people.
We are currently searching for an Actuarial student in our Corporate Actuarial area. The successful candidate will be offered an opportunity to acquire actuarial, insurance, and business knowledge as they perform financial reporting and analysis as well as planning work.
- Produce actuarial reserves, cash flows, capital requirements for quarterly valuations
- Maintain and update valuation systems, test impact of assumption changes
- Assist in the development of Business Plan and DCAT analysis
- Perform Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Produce internal and external reports within established timelines
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Work with multiple areas and people including pricing, accounting, tax, administration, and the Appointed Actuary
- Extensive knowledge of the Windows environment, including advanced knowledge of spreadsheet manipulation, databases, and word processing applications
- Knowledge of AXIS actuarial software would be an asset
- Knowledge of Insurance Products would be an asset
- Progressing toward the completion of all requirements to attain ASA designation or recently attained ASA designation, with commitment to achieve FSA/FCIA designation
- Working knowledge of accounting, investments and source of earnings would be an asset
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with short timelines
Please Note: Salary and title are both dependent on exam achievement
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to firstname.lastname@example.org
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at email@example.com if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.