- Reports to
- Group Accountant
- Waterloo, ON
- Job Status
- Permanent, Part-Time (18.75 hours per week)
- Prepare monthly/quarterly financial reporting (Financial Statements, MIS, ICR & Dashboard) for Group Creditor line of business.
- Complete monthly reinsurance settlement and reporting for Group Creditor LOB, as well as a backup for the regular business
- Reconcile premiums bank account daily for all money coming in to Group Creditor
- Review transactions to ensure proper strong internal controls and timely follow-up of outstanding items
- Liaison with external and internal auditors for Group Creditor LOB accounts
- Maintain accounting policy manual for Equitable Life Group Creditor accounts and processes
- Audit group creditor commissions advisors to ensure compliance
- Prepare and reconcile working papers for Group Creditor accounts – investigate and resolve differences
- Provide guidance to staff on accounting processes/reporting related to this LOB
- Provide leadership to staff regarding issues that arise through the bank reconciliation and investigation
- Project work / research as required for Group Creditor business process development.
- Run reports and analyze for Group Creditor group financial reporting for management throughout month for forecasting purposes
- Add Group Creditor to various industry, reinsurance and statistical information requests and surveys
- Assist group PeopleSoft users in problem solving and information retrieval through use of reporting tools.
- Post-secondary degree with a major in accounting/finance/business administration. CPA designation is preferred
- Knowledge of life insurance accounting is an asset
- Understanding of reinsurance accounting is an asset
- Knowledge of taxes applicable to Insurance products is an asset
- Strong knowledge of business risks and accounting controls
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and establish priorities to meet tight deadlines
- Detail oriented, able to manage several tasks with a high level of accuracy
- Knowledge of the Windows environment, including advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, moderate knowledge of databases, and experience with financial applications (general ledger), such as PeopleSoft
- Work experience in a financial institution an asset and familiarity with actuarial concepts & principles an asset.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter, including salary expectations, and resume in one MSWord document to email@example.com
If applying to multiple positions, please apply to each position separately.
At Equitable Life, we are committed to providing equal access to employment opportunities across our organization. Please contact our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation with the application process, including for a request to receive our job postings in an alternative format.